PARMESAN PECAN CHICKEN WITH DIJON MUSTARD




 PARMESAN PECAN CHICKEN WITH DIJON MUSTARD
 This is surprisingly tasty considering the simplicity of this recipe. I have made this recipe at least twice. I can be quite lazy at times in the kitchen and at other times I simply love to cook and bake.  Sometimes I simply need a break from it all and then I can't wait to get back in the kitchen and create.  It is true that when I really don't feel like cooking, I can screw up quite royally.  I do not like that so typically I go with the flow of creative juices.  I've been very fortunate in my career that most of the recipes I try work first time around.  This is good because my husband cannot stand to see food go to waste. Even at a buffet my husband eats almost all he loads up his plate with - he rarely leaves anything - only if his eyes were bigger than his tummy! If I want to throw something out (you know - things like salad items that I was tardy in using up), I have to be real sneaky about it!  How about you?  Are you always super-organized and on top of things? You throw practically nothing away and use it all. Do you like to cook or bake every single day?

4 large chicken breasts 
1/2 cup Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR (125 mL)
  a  MIX of almond flour and 2 tbsp coconut flour, OR
  almond flour and 1 tbsp oat fiber
1/4  cup chopped pecans (60 mL)
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (30 mL)
1/2 tsp basil (2 mL)
1/4  tsp granulated garlic (1 mL)
1/4  tsp salt (1 mL)
1/4  tsp black pepper (1 mL)
1 egg white
2 tbsp Dijon mustard (30 mL)
2 tbsp light-tasting olive oil (30 mL)

Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).  Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.  Remove any excess fat and bits of bone. 

In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, pecans, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.  In another medium bowl, whisk egg white with Dijon mustard. 


Dip chicken breasts in egg white mixture and then cover with dry mix.  Place on greased jelly roll pan.  Drizzle oil over chicken breasts.  Bake anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes (depends on the thickness of the chicken breasts), or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken breasts registers 165°F (74°C).


Yield:  4 servings
1 serving
322.8 calories
32.6 g protein
18.6 g fat
4.2 g net carbs

SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books):  printed again.  Limited stocks; get yours now!  Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This wonderful low-carb/keto collection of cookbooks (tons of photos, coil-bound!) is expected to sell out and after that there will only be KINDLES available! 

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.